award cash grants each quarter to qualified non-profit organizations through
the Gannett Foundation. A committee of employees reviews requests and
recommends contributions to organizations which improve the education,
health and advancement of people in our distribution area. Deadlines for applications are February 15 and August 15.
One copy of your proposal of no more than five pages must contain the following information:
- completed application form;
- needs statement;
- IRS letter of determination for ?501(c)(3) tax exemption;
- objectives of the project to be funded;
- your organization's qualifications to carry out the project;
- whether the project is new or ongoing;
- constituency to be served;
- community and volunteer involvement;
- how the project will be evaluated;
- plans for continued funding of the project, if applicable;
- one-page project budget, and an organizational budget;
- list of other funding sources, committed and applied for;
- pertinent publications may be included.
If you have not been determined to be a tax-exempt organization
under IRS ?501(c)(3), please include a copy of your application for exempt
status (IRS Form 1023). Grants can be approved but not paid until a copy
of your ?501(c)(3) letter is received.
What We Do Not Fund
Like many donors, we receive many more requests than we can fund. As a result, contributions will not be considered for the following purposes:
- organizations not determined by the IRS to be tax-exempt under ?501(c)(3);
- national or regional organizations unless their programs address specific
local community needs;
- programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion
of religious doctrine or tenets;
- elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives
or programs not provided by regular school budgets);
- political action or legislative advocacy groups;
- endowment funds;
- multiple-year pledge campaigns;
- medical or other research organizations;
- organizations located in or benefiting nations other than the U.S.
and its territories;
- fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands, veteran's organizations,
volunteer firefighters or similar groups.
Request an Application
Gannett Foundation applications may be requested using the form below, or accessed at www.gannettfoundation.org. Completed applications should be mailed with the required documentation support to:
Gannett Foundation Grants
c/o Publisher's Office
PO Box 419000
Melbourne, FL 32941
| For more information on FLORIDA TODAY's Community Programs, please email us or contact our voice mail line at (321) 242-3719. Your voice mail will be returned within 48 hours.